Our reputation for delivering a trusted and quality suit hire service to the community is proven by our customers’ loyalty and satisfaction.
How It Works
Hiring a suit from Brown’s Mensland is simple and easy.
Our professional formal wear consultants help guide you to find the perfect ensemble. During your initial consultation and fitting, we discuss suit styles and colour options, based on the dress code of your function. At the end of your first consultation, you place an order with a bond to secure your suit hire.
Your second consultation is for your final fitting. We ensure that all items fit correctly and you look great and feel comfortable.
If any changes are required, this can be done during the final days leading up to your event. Your chosen suit will be ready for collection a few days prior to your function.
The suit hire is required to be returned on the next business day, following the function. We will refund your bond upon collection.
Please note that the cost of dry cleaning is included in the hire fees.
- We have the largest and best variety of suits in the area
- We have more than 50 years of retail experience
- We have an expert team of staff
- We take great pride in our many satisfied customers
- We are reliable and trusted within the community
When to hire
- You want a group to be in uniform without spending a lot of money
- You have a group of different sized people, big and/or small
- You don’t have the need to wear a suit again
- You need a tuxedo specifically
- You want the whole package, for less money
When to buy
- You will wear the suit again
- You have a specific style in mind
- You have a group of regular sized men
- You want an ideal fit
Occasions for to Hire for
- White Tie occasions
- Black Tie occasions
- Cocktail events
Big Hire Jobs We’ve Done
- St Joseph’s College – Involves measuring, fitting on site and delivering on over 200 suits in one weekend! It is the largest and most complex suit hire job in Victoria, which we have competently delivered each year.
- Geelong High School
- Grovedale Secondary College
- North Geelong Secondary College
- Western Heights
- New Years On The Pier
- Wedding parties
Different styles and their specifics
- Weddings and Black Tie
Daniel Hechter Black pure wool two-button slim fit tuxedo, satin trim lapel, with white spread collar shirt, Cannes vest, black satin tie and white satin pocket square.
Zenetti Black wool blend slim shawl collar tuxedo with white pleated wing collar black button shirt and black satin bow tie.
Zenetti Black wool blend two-button satin lapel tuxedo with matching vest, white spread collar shirt, black skinny long tie and white satin pocket square.
Black wool blend satin shawl lapel tuxedo, with white pleated wing collar black button shirt and black satin bow tie. (Available in boys’ sizes).
- Special Occasion
Daniel Hechter Black self stripe pure wool two button slim fit lounge suit with white spread collar shirt, Calais vest and lilac Chase accessories.
Dark grey wool blend two button lounge suit with white spread collar shirt, matching Barney vest.
Long tie and Pocket Square set available for purchase only.
Zenetti Black wool blend two button lounge suit with matching vest, white business collar shirt and black long tie.
Zenetti Blue wool blend two-button lounge suit with matching vest, white business collar shirt and ivory Umbria long tie and Pocket Square.
Mid grey wool blend two-button lounge suit with ivory spread collar shirt, matching Mackenzie vest and lilac Chase accessories. (Available in boys’ sizes).
Beige wool blend two button lounge suit with ivory business collar shirt, matching Sorrento vest and ivory Breeze accessories.
Black wool blend satin trim lapel tuxedo with white spread collar shirt, matching Manhattan vest and black skinny tie.
Black wool blend satin lapel tuxedo with white spread wing collar shirt, claret Spirit vest and accessories. (Available in boys’ sizes).
Black wool blend satin peak lapel tuxedo with white pleated wing collar shirt, silver Breeze vest and accessories. (Available in boys’ sizes).
Black wool blend lounge suit with white spread collar shirt, Manhattan vest and red Chase accessories. (Available in boys’ sizes).
Grey wool blend peak lapel morning suit with morning stripe trousers. (Available in boys’ sizes).
Black wool blend peak cutaway tailcoat with white pleated wing collar shirt, white Spirit vest and accessories. (Available in boys’ sizes).
- White Tie – Tails jacket, white vest, bow tie and a pocket square
- Black Tie – Tuxedo with bow tie
- Formal / Black Tie optional – Dark suit, vest, tie or bow tie and pocket square
- Cocktail / Lounge – A dark suit is dressier, whilst a light grey or silver suit is also sharp. Tie is also required
- Smart Casual – Tailored trousers, open neck shirt and blazer or jacket
What To Wear When
- Tuxedo – Black tie or other formal function
- Lounge / Business suit – Social occasions that require a jacket, e.g. sporting events, conferences, important dinners and weddings etc.
- Black business / lounge suit – Funerals, weddings or graduations
- Light coloured suits, e.g. grey or beige – Day time functions that require a suit
Q: Do you hire boy’s suits?
A: Yes, suit hire for boys is often a popular choice as the young lads are growing fast! We’ve fit young boys of all ages and sizes, our boys hire range foes from size 1 – 12 before switching to men’s which starts at size 32.
“Just celebrated my sons confirmation. Came into the store. Service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Both my boys looked like red carpet movie stars! Recommend Brown’s Mensland to everyone. Go in and ask for ‘The Dude’! You won’t be disappointed!” – Nina Mihicinac
Q: Do you cater to a variety of sizes?
A: Yes, we cater to most shapes and sizes. Our smallest men’s suit size starts at size 32 and many styles go up to a generous size 64.
Q: My best man is overseas and isn’t arriving until a couple of days before the wedding. How can we arrange his suit?
A: All he needs to do is visit his local formal wear store or tailor and ask to be measured. We will place his order based on the measurements he provides. If something needs to be changed after the final fitting, an exchange can be ordered.
Q: Can you make a suit in any colour or pattern?
A: Yes, we can make any custom suit in a wide range of colours and fabrics.